Benefits of using Apache Thrift
Advantages and reasons for using Thrift on the Credits platform:
- Cross-language serialization with lower overheads, in contrast to such alternatives as SOAP, due to the use of a binary format.
- A simple and clean library. Does not need a code framework. Does not use the XML configuration.
- Language bindings are felt natural. For example, Java uses the ArrayList <String>. C++ uses std::vector<std::string>.
- The application-level communication format and the serialization level communication format are strictly separated. They can be changed independently of each other.
- Embedded types of serialization include: binary, HTTP-friendly and compact binary.
- It assembles like a cross-language serialized file.
- Soft version of the protocol. Thrift does not require a centralized and explicit mechanism, as do major-versions / minor-versions. Loosely coupled groups can freely switch to RPC calls.
- It does not depend on architecture or non-standard software. There are no incompatible software licenses.
- Use of the company's clients in the future with their favorite programming languages.