Resources for learning Java
Ways to learn Java (offline and online resources)
To learn Java, you can buy books on programming on Java in a bookstore, or download from the Internet. You can also enrol in a Java course and take lessons with an experienced teacher.
There are plenty of resources to self-study Java on the Internet: these are abstracts of lectures, articles, blogs, online classes.
Popular online courses for learning Java (Codecademy, Udemy, edX, Skillshare)
The list of popular online courses for learning programming in the Java language:
- Codeacademy, an interactive online platform for learning programming languages. Not all lessons are free.
- Udemy, a remote online learning service with more than 55 000 online courses; the courses are paid.
- edX, an educational platform in the field of distance education, created by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), provides video-classes, built-in surveys, instant feedback to teachers, student ratings of questions and answers, online labs and learning at a pace preferred by students.
- Skillshare, an educational platform that contains video tutorials.
Java learning materials
The following materials will help you master the Java programming language:
- Oracle Java Docs, the official documentation from Oracle, is a complete reference guide for Java, designed for the users, who know how to program in Java.
- Javarush, an online Java programming course, almost entirely consists of practical training.
- plumbr blog is dedicated to Java performance issues.
- farenda, a site that contains Java learning resources.
Communities for Java programmers
Community of Java programmers - groups for beginners, intermediate and experienced Java programmers, where you can share your implementation of the tasks, ask to evaluate the code, see how more professional programmers write code, ask questions and receive comprehensive answers with comments.