Node version update v.3.4
At the end of last week we have encountered a few challenges that disrupted the operations of the network.
Please find the description below:
- bug related to the election of writing nodes, that appeared in the Monitor.
- storage bug, since some of the users experienced incorrect operations of databases that led to incorrect operations of the consensus
- trusted nodes calculated commission display bug
Network consensus was stopped to increase network stability and facilitate bug fixing.
The below bugs were fixed so far:
- Storage bug we encountered as forks were emerging in the network
- Database versioning support was introduced. Users can no longer use the DBs from the older client versions.
- Bug with the incorrect operation of the node when required ports were not available on the client machine.
- Small bugs related to blocks synchronisation.
Now all the users can continue testing and are granted access to the participation in the network consensus. It is required to download the updated client version after uninstalling the previous versions along with the database and reach the full node synchronization to begin it.
Please be aware that network optimisation activities are ongoing which might lead to potential disruptions or incorrect platform operations.